Papa * Mama * Ellie * Masie

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oh How Life Has Changed

Lucky for all of you reading this, I didn't take any pictures of today's fun morning! Ellie was sitting on the floor in her room while I was getting some clothes for her in another room. When I came back she was laying on her tummy smiling. I saw something weird, and went back to look at her just to make sure it wasn't what I thought it was....but it was! Ellie had pooped and was laying in a pile of it and had it all over her legs and it was squishing out of her diaper onto her stomach! It was disgusting!

I quickly picked her up and held her at arms length and wondered what to do with her. I gagged all the way to the bathroom and just put her in the bathtub still dressed and went to get Brian. I don't know why I needed him, I just knew I didn't want to deal with all the poop myself.

I managed to get her brand new onesie off of her without covering her face in poop and bathed her a few times, while Brian wiped down the bathroom sink, counter, wall, shower curtain, the pile of pooh in her bedroom, and threw away everything she was wearing. I have the best husband!

Anyway, no pictures of the pooh scene, but here is a picture from the other night. Ellie and I fell asleep together and Brian got a picture of it. It shows how much my life has changed, and not just when it comes to the topic of poop!

8 comments:

Cris said...

Would you trade it?

Jen said...

Nope.

Anonymous said...

oh, what memories! Yours and mine!

Love, Chico Mom

jandokan said...

What a change:)
it's the most precious thing we can get!!

and the picture that Brian took is just wonderful (you both are gorgeous:))

Hugs Anja
Be smart, make art.
janja'sblog

Joanne said...

change is good. you will adjust eventually....then you will have another baby!

Jessica said...

That story is gross and funny all at the same time. I have no idea how you do it, but I'm proud of you for doing it.

K J and the kids said...

The first of many blow outs :)

Love the picture. Especially the cat :)

Another Dieter said...

Your mom showed me this photo and I laughed so hard!

How great you got this documented so when it happens to Ellie's life she will know it is.......normal!