Papa * Mama * Ellie * Masie

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Visit to Santa

Ellie was so excited to see Santa this year. She talks about him all the time, and everything about Christmas fascinates her. As we were waiting in line she was telling the little girls behind us what she was going to ask Santa for, which I didn't even know. When we got up to the front, I took her hand and started walking, she let go and ran back towards my mom. I picked her up and took her over to Santa. She talked to him, but was not about to let go of me.
Santa - What would you like me to bring you?
Ellie - (in almost a whisper) A big 'ol dollhouse.
But she wouldn't sit on his lap or have anything to do with letting go of me. So, we left and went and had some lunch at the food court. That's where I got the phone call that my in-laws weren't on the train on their way to our house, but instead on their way to Fresno to meet Cameron at the hospital. Cameron had found out that she was going to have a C-section and baby Chase was on his way!
After lunch Ellie said she wanted to see Santa again, I thought we could walk by but I wasn't standing in line again just to walk away. When we got there she said she wanted to sit with him, and me. Then she saw a little girl on his lap and said she would sit with her, then the next little girl she said she wanted to sit with. Since the line was so short, we tried again, and this was the best we got!
FYI - Baby Chase Matson was born 12/20/10 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 20 inches I only have seen one picture sent by phone, but he looks pretty cute! Also, my niece had her baby, Icelynn Dawn 12/18/10 7 lbs. 3 oz. and 19 inches, and she is beautiful as well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute picture anyway! My little baby girl and her little baby girl!

Jen said...

I look like I'm about 43...thats all. :(

Anonymous said...

We have the best of both of you! Lucky Santa!