Papa * Mama * Ellie * Masie

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Loving Fall

I hate seeing summer go, but it is always nice to fall into winter slowly. I love fall when it comes without snow and gradually changes the world. I love the changing colors, the cooler nights, and I especially love Halloween and all the fun that comes with it. Yesterday we went in search of some pumpkins. The first patch we went to was so crowded, there was even a mile long line to get into to pay for your pumpkin. Ellie was so excited though, but they would only take cash/check, so we had to leave to get money. On the way to that pumpkin patch, we had passed another farm that only had a couple a dozen people there, so we headed back to that one. We found 3 great pumpkins, and got some cute pictures of Ellie too. She was enjoying the dirt more than the pumpkins, and got a bit dirty. I told her she could pick out a pumpkin for herself, but she had to be able to carry it. We were going to just get a small one for her, but as we were heading to go pay she stopped and ran for her pumpkin. She found the one she was looking for, and said, "Look, I can hold this one!" It was still a bit heavy, but she did it.
Afterwards we went to one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants in Magna, then drove downtown to get some cool city views. We ended up at a cool park that neither one of us had ever been to, Ensign Peak Nature Park. It was gorgeous! We went for a small hike up the hill and felt like we could see the entire valley.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun outing! It makes me miss you guys so much! I love the pictures. Love you, Chico Mom

Cris said...

The city views are beautiful...I have heard of that park but never been there!

K J and the kids said...

I've heard that restaurant is so good.
She's such a doll. And a great personality to boot. How'd you get so lucky :)