Papa * Mama * Ellie * Masie

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jen is officially a teacher!

Congratulations on surviving your first day teaching the 3rd grade! It took a lot of perseverance to get to this point. It would have been easy to quit along the way and there would have been some good excuses, but you did it and I am so proud of you.
This reminds me of my favorite poem and it seems fitting.

Robert Frost (1874–1963).
1. The Road Not Taken
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

6 comments:

K J and the kids said...

aaaah. what a sweet husband to write such a thoughtful post.
Congrats Jen on your first day.
I hope it was all you had hoped for.

Cris said...

Jen I am so proud of you! What a sweet hubby to post this! Keep smiling and all of a sudden this wont feel so tough! The rewards will be outstanding!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Mrs. Turner!! I am so proud of you! Those lucky kids! They will love you! Everyday you will learn something and it will be so good!!!! Love, chico mom

Jen said...

Thanks honey! Love you. Hopefully the rest of the school year won't be as stressful as this month!

Jessica said...

Awe, so cute! I have been thinking about you all week. I hope it is going well and you are loving it. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Joanne said...

Oh, Oh, oh, Mrs Turner! I need to go potty. Have you heard that one yet?
Congratulations Jennifer. It is so awesome that you are a teacher. You are going to make a difference in all your kids lives.
Brian is so awesome to write that to you too.
Love you guys!