Papa * Mama * Ellie * Masie

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Brian!

Even with both of us a little sore, we still had to celebrate Brian's Birthday. I brought home take out from the new Indian restaurant at Jordan Landing, Indian Fusion. It's a pretty good place, except, it is soooo expensive!!! I was just too lazy to drive to India House to get tastier food, and more of it, for less money. Then I made Brian one of his favorite desserts, Rhubarb Surprise Crisp. The surprise was a little different this time though. I thought it tasted just fine, but Brian kept asking me if I was sure it was rhubarb. I said, yeah, it was small, but for sure it was rhubarb, anyway I didn't know of anything else that resembled rhubarb. When I saw him spitting in the sink, I didn't think that was a good sign, so I double checked the wire that was around the rhubarb to find out he was right, it wasn't rhubarb. I made Red Chard Surprise Crisp! Yummmy!
This weekend is his birthday gift though. We are going to Wendover to see Lewis Black in concert. Luckily it's a sit down activity!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer......I hardly know what to say! That is the funniest thing I have heard. I wish I could have seen his face!!!! Thanks for letting Ellie entertain us tonight! It made me miss you guys, but certainly made us laugh and look forward to seeing her!! Happy Birthday Brian, I love you!!!!
chico mom

Cris said...

Boy, I have heard of tricky ways to get Brian to eat his veggies but this one is tops! Sorry Brian...but in my defense the sign in the store said "Rhubarb".....

Joanne said...

hahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh you made me cry that is so funny. Red Chard!!! That is awesome. You are awesome. THAT is PRICELESS!!

Jessica said...

That has to be one of the funniest stories! I am still laughing. Happy belated birthday!

SerendipitousMom said...

My best laugh of the day! Happy Birthday to Brian - he's a lucky guy to have you and Ellie and the Red Chard too...

Jen said...

I'm glad I was here to amuse you all!