Papa * Mama * Ellie * Masie

Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting Regular - TMI

While we were visiting Grammy & Grandpy, when Brian was in San Francisco to be with his mom, Ellie was her not so regular self. (She wasn't pooping everyday) I never thought I would care so much about another persons poop as I did that week. Everyday I would call my mom to see if she had pooped yet....nope, and every night Ellie would cry and be uncomfortable. My mom had me go to the store and buy baby lax, yup there is such a thing, now its called Pedilax though. Luckily my mom loves Ellie enough to be the first to do that for her....I just couldn't. But, a couple days later, after Brian was back, I did end up doing it myself too. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're lucky!!! Anyway....it worked. Ellie pooped, but she still wasn't regular. Then we tried some prune/apple juice. This was Ellie's first real taste of something besides formula. She wasn't so sure about it at first. The look on her face was something like, "Holy crap, what is this???" but then she tried it again, and thought, "This isn't my normal formula!!! What is this???" Then she thought, "hmmm, maybe that wasn't so bad" she grabbed the bottle and drank it up, and she has been regular ever since!

No comments: